I’ve totally been craving chocolate brownies lately. In fact, when Jason stopped by my office to drop off a textbook I forgot at home, I asked him if he had magically read my mind and brought brownies.
Unfortunately, as I’ve learned many times, my husband is not a mind reader. So instead of eating delicious brownies, I’ll have to settle for sharing this awesome Chocolate Cake Mix Brownie recipe from Hanan over at Lilac City Momma. After I bake these, I might just whip up a batch of her Chocolate Coconut Bars for good measure.
It was Friday evening and I was staring at my cupboards, looking for something to make for dessert for that night. I was looking and looking…hoping I didn't have to run to the store for something. Then I found a box of chocolate cake mix I had forgotten about.
Thinking to myself, I'm not really in the mood for cake or cupcakes, but brownies sure do sound good. I mean, I have used a box of cake mix to make Cake Batter Bars before, so I'm sure I could use this chocolate cake mix for brownies. Sure enough, I found this wonderful recipe from Parenting.com and loved how moist and cake-like the brownies turned out.
Chocolate Cake Mix Brownies
- 1 package of chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Mix the cake mix, butter, brown sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spread in to pan evenly. Cover in Sprinkles.
4. Bake 33-38 min. Remove brownies from the oven when they are still slightly moist in the center, as they will firm up as they cool. Cool completely and cut into bars.
When she is not chasing after her three adorable girls, Hanan loves to share recipes like this one on her blog Lilac City Momma. You can also catch her talking about the up's and down's of parenting over on Facebook and Twitter.